You may be asked to update your BBalance from time to time to ensure that the latest version of the firmware is installed. A wireless – or over-the-air (OTA) – update makes your BBalance more intelligent, brings improvements and fixes bugs.
If there is an available update, your App will send you a notification and instructions.
In order to make sure the update is performed correctly, we'll require a minimum battery level (20%) on your mat to launch it.
If you encounter failures, here are some troubleshooting steps:
Update failures are often due to WiFi instability. To improve this, we implemented a new button in the bottom of "My BBalance" page of settings: the "RESET" button.
This RESET button performs a full recalibration of the connectivity chips of the BBalance (BLE and WiFi), to improve the stability of the connexion.
Here are the proposed steps to maximise your chances to make the firmware update work:
- Make sure your BBalance is not to far away from the wifi router
- Connect your app to your BBalance
- Go to Settings --> My BBalance
- Press "RESET" button, as your BBalance will reset it will disconnect from your app, you'll have to press the button again to reconnect it
- Restart the WiFi setup flow by tapping on "WiFi network"
- Then you can retry the firmware update